Particulars of Organization, Functions & Duties
[Section-4 (1) (b) (i)]
1. Objective / Purpose of the Public Authority:
The objective / purpose are to conduct examination for appointment to various posts of State Civil Services etc., as per requisitions received from different departments of State Government of Odisha.
2. Mission / Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
The OPSC is recruiting Civil Servants i.e. people with minds, vision, desire to achieve initiative in doing a job in the changing administrative sphere to provide good administration to the people in general.
3. Brief History of the Public Authority and Context of its Formation:
It has been constituted under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
4. Duties of the Public Authority:
The duty is to advice on any matter so referred by the Government of Odisha.
5. Main Activities / Functions of the Public Authority:
The main activities / functions are to tender advice / decision in the matter of disciplinary proceedings and promotions as and when consulted.
6. List of Services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief write-up on them:
The services provided in the matter of recruitment to the posts/services of the Odisha Civil Service, Odisha Judicial Service, Odisha Medical Service, Odisha Engineering Service, and Odisha Education Service and to other Services as & when requisitioned by the State Government of Odisha.
7. Expectation of the Public Authority from the Public for Enhancing it's Effectiveness and Efficiency:
Public Confidence about the objectivity, impartiality and transparency on the selection made by O.P.S.C.
8. Address of the Main Office:
Odisha Public Service Commission 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Po- Buxi Bazar, Dist- Cuttack, Pin-753001.
9. Working Hours: 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.